Saturday, May 14, 2011

David Lynch Commercial (what goes on in there David... what's in that head of yours?)

For those of you who don't know who David Lynch is he's a filmmaker/director/visual artist that's known for pushing the envelope. He directed Elephant Man, which is amazing. His surrealist work is pretty good too. His rationale for his paintings seemed like somewhat of a short-cut, but I do think he's right about black being the color for dreams and depth. But that cannot be the reason you don't work with color, I think it's because he isn't too skilled of a painter and has a lot of other things happening.

So... he makes a commercial. A commercial that advertises his new brand of coffee. That's right, coffee. But it gets better. I proceeded to watch him squeeze a barbie doll head and make short talk with it. He eventually hits on it and plugs his product.

What the hell did I just watch?

But hey, to be honest I liked this commercial way better than anything I've ever seen on t.v. Tim and Eric made those Old Spice commercials that are random, but they aren't creative. Any jackass can talk out his ass for a minute. David Lynch truly made something that made me

a) watch the whole way through, intently I might add
b) uneasy... in a good way
c) want to try the coffee because the commercial was so weird




No comments:

Post a Comment