Saturday, May 14, 2011

Weird Gushers Commercial

I like weird. Not Old Spice/Dairy Queen commercial "weird". I put that in quotations because those commercials aren't weird, they're planned attempts to be "randomly hip". They lack creativity, and are not original.

This is original weird, watch it.






It's gross, funny, then gets sad - which was funny. The one thing it didn't make me want was a Gusher. When the kid gushes the juice all over people it made me cringe. I love Gushers though, so in the end it made me think about them. However, I think kids would respond well to that kind of humor. When I was little I loved laughing at gross stuff (come on, you did too).

What's great about the commercial is it not only spoke to kids with the gross factor, but also spoke to adults with the "grown up" ending. The kid can't grow up and have regular jobs, that's hilarious. Then he throws down the eye patch like, "Damnit!" Oh yea, also fantastic when he gets hurt as a child and his dad licks the Gusher juice from his wound.

O.k. - the jingle was slightly annoying. Maybe should have been thought about a little more. The shot sequences were nice though. They connected with their target audience (kids 7-15) well, but might have slightly deterred some people (can't win em' all). But hey, I complain a lot, if these were the only problems I'm pointing out - that ain't bad Gushers, not bad at all.

You know what? I'm buying Gushers tomorrow. Keep it up Gusher people, freak me out - I'll start buying multiple packs each trip to the grocery store.

No comments:

Post a Comment